Wednesday 15 December 2010

Mrs Nesbitt's Nativity

Photo Copyright: Maggie May

I have recently received some knitting patterns to make a nativity set. I first noticed the beautiful figures on Mrs Nesbitt's Space and instantly fell in love with them. Denise has sent me a copy of the pattern and although I have left it too late to knit all of the nativity in time for this Christmas, I am hoping that I will be able to make Mary and baby Jesus at least. I will definitely have all the figures ready for next year.
For the ambitious, there are instructions for making Mary, Joseph and Jesus, three shepherds, three kings and any amount of little sheep.
Do pay her a visit and see these lovely figures as well as her great blog.


14 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

It looks difficult, but so beautiful in the end. Hope you enjoy the activity.

Happy Holidays.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, but it looks like a project for an accomplished knitter.

Formerly known as Frau said...

WOw its gorgeous but I agree looks very hard. I found one once on an Esty shop of a nativity the was woolen I loved it. Good luck I hope you finish baby Jesus!

RNSANE said...

I will be most anxious to see your finished project, even if it has to wait another year!!

mrsnesbitt said...

My Mother in Law knit this for us nearly 15 years ago - it is as good as ever. She assures me it isn't too difficult! I love it!

Irene said...

You must have an awful lot of patience to knit something a s delicate as that. Good luck with it.

XOX

Celia said...

Definitely a labor of love, but what a great nativity for a family.

Sueann said...

The Mary and Jesus is adorable. Have fun working on this project!!
Hope you post pics!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Akelamalu said...

I saw them over at Denise's blog and commented on how beautiful they are. Can't wait to see yours. :)

secret agent woman said...

I kind of like the idea of knitted sheep. After all, the real ones are woolen.

Suldog said...

You can knit a nativity? Really? I had no idea. Honestly. Wow. Looks like a lot of work!

Happy Frog and I said...

I didn't know this was something that could be done. Other people's creativity never ceases to amaze me!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

How lovely! Good luck and let's see a picture of progress before Christmas.

CiCi said...

What a fun project. Thanks for sharing the link to her blog.